Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cotton Bowl Curse

It must be a curse because since I have been alive Texas Tech has been to the Cotton Bowl 3 times. They may or may not have been before I was born, but my brain is not large enough to keep up with stats from before I was born. In the 3 times we have been that I know of, we have never won.

I went with my parents in '95 to the Cotton Bowl and we lost. The only reason I know we went in '95 is because I have a Christmas ornament from the Cotton Bowl that says "Cotton Bowl '95" which Jaime broke this year, but was nice enough to glue back together. We will see if the "gorilla glue" can really with stand anything and hold the ornament together while being stored in the attic in South Texas.

Tech also went to the Cotton Bowl in 2005 which I don't remember at all. Unfortunately for me I do remember this years Cotton Bowl.

It all started out great. David and Wendee went with us to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl. It was all in my plan to get her hooked on college football. I did a great job packing snacks and drinks for our little tailgate party, which consisted of the 4 of us and Jaime (actually it was David, but who is really keeping up) even remembered to bring the washers.

We left the hotel early on the morning of the game in order to get a good parking spot and have time to tailgate. We ended up getting a great parking spot, perfect for tailgating. A great time was had by all at the tailgate.

After the tailgate it gets a little iffy. Basically the game was good when it was 14-0, but went down hill from there. Let me just say, we had a great time at the Cotton Bowl except for the whole football game part.

Doneece and Miguel finally made it to the game so that I had someone to cheer with. It didn't help us out, it just made us hotter. Who would of guessed it would be 85 degrees in January at a football game. Not me because I forgot sunscreen. Don't worry, the nice lady behind us (the one texting on her phone in the picture) let us have some of hers. Thank you nice lady behind us who gave us sunscreen.

I have checked the pre-season polls for next season and we are ranked 20th. I was shocked because we are losing a lot of key players. I guess we will have to wait until August to find out how good we are going to be. It is going to be a long 8 months.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I think you need to quit going to road games and just come to Lubbock and see me instead.