Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and yours. We had a wonderful Christmas in Lubbock with my family. We are so blessed to have family that loves us so much and takes care of us. We all received much more than anybody needs, but it was lots of fun.

We got up really early Christmas morning. We got up so early that I was afraid we might catch Santa still at the house. Fortunately, he had made his way out and on to the next house. We were over at Ann's by 7am and ready for the kids to see what Santa had brought them. They were both very good kids this year because Santa brought lots.

Both John and Caroline got horses and cowboy hats. Caroline decided a long time ago that she wanted a horse and Santa decided John needed a horse too so there would be no fighting over one horse. John also got a "big truck" which made his day.

After the kids did Santa and stockings we headed back to my parents house to open presents and eat breakfast. There were tons of presents under the tree. There looked like there was enough for about 5 families, but it was all for our family. We opened presents and then opened some more until there were finally none.

We were all famished after opening all the presents. My parents started cooking breakfast while the rest of us played with all of the new toys. The best present this year went to my sister's boyfriend. He got a Nerf Gun. It was a big hit with everyone. There were many wars before breakfast and after. There were even a few tears when he took the gun home with him. Let's just say Wal-Mart made a killing on Nerf Guns from our family. I believe 3 more Nerf Guns were purchased after Christmas.

We always have the same thing for breakfast on Christmas. We have breakfast tacos with eggs, bacon or sausage and cinnamon rolls. The grand kids have poached eggs made my grandma. I love Christmas breakfast. We always eat enough to last us till dinner.

Christmas afternoon was spent napping. After our early morning we all needed a nap to help us make it through the day. Christmas night Mom, Grandma, Doneece and I went to see "Marley and Me" while the boys went to see some action movie.

I can't say enough how wonderful Christmas was. We are so lucky to have the family we do and that we were able to spend time with them during this wonderful time of year. Thanks to all my family for everything.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love it. I love that you all do everything. Caroline and John are so lucky to have such a fabulous extended family!!

Caroline said...

We had a great Christmas. We sure are missing you!

Doneece said...

The nurf gun was also a hit in Dallas! Apparently I am an excellent gift giver! I miss you! I thought that this week was supposed to be a daily blog?