Thursday, January 22, 2009

January Blessings

January is a great month because 2 of my favorite people have birthdays in January. You already know that Doneece's birthday was on the 5th and today is Ann's birthday. The way I see it is the Lord blessed me with 2 sisters. Ann may not be my blood sister, but she has always treated me like a sister.

Ann and I fought the same way that Doneece and I did when we were growing up. Actually, Ann probably taught me the correct way to fight with Doneece. Ann taught me lots of things and hopefully I have passed those things on to Doneece. Ann and I played a lot when we were growing up and even went on summer vacations together. By the time Ann was too old and cool to play with me, Doneece was the perfect age. I was the luckiest out of us 3 because I was in the middle.

I am extremely thankful to Ann for introducing me to my husband. Without Ann I would have probably never meet Jaime. I don't know where I would be without my Jaime and I don't really want to think about it. Thanks goodness Ann decided to go to law school.

Ann also gave me my first neice and nephew. When both Caroline and John were born I was able to go spend a week with Ann and just hang out. It gave me a chance to spend time with Ann and meet my sweet Caroline and John. Now those 2 kids have me wrapped around their little fingers. I can't wait for Ann to do the same for me and we will do it for Doneece one day.

I have had some unforgetable times with both of these girls. They mean the world to me!!! Happy Birthday Ann! I hope you have a great day and maybe get to blow out the candels on your own cake.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How sweet! I think it's awesome that you are so close to your family. Luke is feeling much better, thanks for thinking of him! :)

Caroline said...

Ok, I'm crying. That was so incredibly sweet. You are such a blessing to me and I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for this wonderful post. It made my day!