Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

First and foremost thank you to all the servicemen and servicewomen, past and present. Without your sacrifices life would not be the same.  

We had decided to just stay home for a nice quiet weekend.  We were well on our way when Saturday we decided we were board.  It was about 5pm on Saturday and we hadn't left the house all day.  We slept in and just hung out.  It rained most of the afternoon which was really nice.  Finally, the sun came out and we decided we couldn't sit at the house any longer.

Instead of staying in the city that offers so much, we decided to head to Houston.  We chose Houston because the Astros were playing the Rangers on Sunday afternoon.  Jaime found great tickets to the game and got an amazing deal at the Four Seasons.  We left San Antonio at 7pm to head to Houston.  I love road trips!!!

We got to Houston just in time to have a little room service for dinner and then off to bed.  Sunday morning we slept late and got up in time for baseball.  The baseball game started at 1pm so the gates opened at 11am.  When I go to a baseball game I want to be there when the gates opened.  I love to watch batting practice.

Jaime got us amazing tickets.  We sat on the first base line on the FRONT ROW!  It was so much fun.  After Miguel Tejada finished warming up he came over to sign autographs.  I got his autograph and also got pinned against the railing.  There were so many people trying to get his autograph.  It got really crowded really fast, but Jaime took care of me.  I looked back to tell him that this guy had me pinned against the railing and he asked me which one.  The guy knew it was him and looked at Jaime.  When he saw Jaime he got out of the way pretty quick.  

I had decided to root for the Astros because they are in the National league.  National league teams don't cheat.  They make their pitchers bat.  It was hard rooting for the Astros because they are terrible.  It ended up being a great game.  I don't really like it when the innings are three up and three down.  I like exciting games with lots of hits.

The Astros had 9 hits and left 9 on base.  The Rangers had 11 hits and scored on 5 of those.  The final score was 5-0 for those of you who didn't know based on the information above.  A Sunday afternoon really doesn't get any better than baseball and hot dogs.
 

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

What a fabulous life! Kyle and I regret not doing more and wasting the time we had before we had kids. We could have been getting more out of life, like you are! Way to go! :)

Caroline said...

That sounds like so much fun. Why didn't you invite me? I'm sure I could have dropped my two kids and left for Houston. :)

Abby said...

That sounds like so much fun. Brian loves the astro's so we spend so much time chearing for them every year. This is how it goes. The astro's look promising; the astro's suck and Brian swears them off forever, the astro's make it back to 500, the astro's get a wild card, the astro's blow their chance.

I'm so glad you all had fun. We are going to try to get out to the ball park soon. I do agree the ball park is fun especially when the air conditioning is on! (not a purist..but man it gets hot in there!)