Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I am only like 4 days late on this post.  I guess better late than never.  

We had a wonderful Mother's day in Lubbock.  It was exciting to be around so many of my "mothers."  My mom is the best and does so much for me, but most of all loves me for the person I am.  I am lucky to have her in my life!  I am also really lucky because I got a second mom.  Aunt Anita has always treated me like a daughter and I love her dearly.  You can never grow up with too many moms to keep you in line, especially me.

Not only were both my "moms" there, but I also I got to see both my grandmas.  This is very unusual because my dad's mom lives in Wyoming, so we don't get to see her as often as we would like.  Caroline has meet her before, but I am sure she doesn't remember.  She referred to Grandma as "the lady who sings on the piano."  So funny.  Friday afternoon Grandma played the piano for Caroline and this is what stuck with her.  After Caroline said that I reminded her that I told her grandma's name.  She said, "I know, but I don't remember."  At least she is honest.  

We were only in Lubbock for a few hours on Sunday before we had to head home.  We had time for church and lunch.  Two of my favorite things.  We had lunch at Orlando's, which is my favorite restaurant in Lubbock.  The mafia queso is to die for!


I took 5 pictures of Ann, Caroline and John.  In every picture John's eyes are squinted or closed.  He's got such big cheeks that when he smiles his eyes close a little or a lot.  It really is cute, except when you are trying to get a good picture for the blog.  

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful mother's day.   


1 comment:

Caroline said...

There should be a "Wonderful Aunt" Day. You are so fabulous and we should be celebrating you. Maybe next time when you come to town!!