Friday, May 29, 2009

Oklahoma

Oklahoma, where wind comes sweepin' down the plain......Oklahoma - O.K.  Is it crazy that I know part of the state song for Oklahoma?  Surly not since it ended up being a musical.  Anyways, if you haven't already guessed we are in Oklahoma.

We were in Houston on Wednesday and flew to Oklahoma City late Wednesday night.  I think everyone should visit Oklahoma City at some point.  You only need a few days and so far it has been lots of fun.

Yesterday I got up and had a really nice workout.  I worked out for about an hour and decided that was enough for vacation.  As I was walking out of the workout room I saw a lot of college baseball players.  You know this peeked my interest.  I had to find out what they were doing here.  Actually, I figured they were playing baseball somewhere, but I had to find out when and where. 

The nice guy at the front desk informed me that the Washington State Cougars were staying at the hotel.  There is a regional for the NCAA Men's College World Series in Norman.  The team was headed to practice and starts tournament play today.

This all worked out perfectly.  I was talking to Dad last week and told him about the trip and he told me that the Women's College World Series was being played in Oklahoma City.  The Women's Championship started yesterday.  There were games at Noon, 2pm, 6pm and 8pm, but today there are only games in the evening.

I decided to go to Women's games yesterday and then the Men's game today at 1pm.  Basically that is the only way it would work so there wasn't much of a decision. 

I made two Women's games yesterday.  The first game was Georgia vs. Washington.  Washington ended up winning, but I actually thought Georgia was a better team.  The next game was Arizona State vs. Missouri.  I tried yelling for Missouri because they are a Big XII team.  They ended up playing terrible and making really stupid mistakes.  I couldn't yell for them.  Missouri played bad from the beginning so I started to yell for Arizona State in the second inning.

It was a beautiful day here yesterday.  The sun was out and perfect for a little tanning.  I was smart and brought the sun screen so no sunburn for me.  The best part was it wasn't that hot out.  I never broke a sweat so you know it wasn't that hot. 

Hopefully today works out as good as yesterday did.  FYI - I am here for fun, Jaime is here for work.


These girls were some die hard ASU fans.  That is their real hair.  Can you imagine how much junk they had to put in their hair to get it to stand up like that?  I love me some Texas Tech, but I am not sure I would ever do that.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I wish I was in Oklahoma with you, but I don't want to attend any softball/baseball games. You are such a fan!!