Monday, May 18, 2009

Yummy for My Tummy

Last week I was checking Kelli's Korner when I realized I had never checked her receipt blog.  She had posted a picture of these green beans that looked amazing which led me to her receipt blog.  The crazy thing is I don't even really like green beans.

We ate so many green beans growing up that I think I have eaten enough for a lifetime.  Grandma made green beans almost every meal.  She would serve green beans with anything.  She would even serve green beans with spaghetti.  Grandma always  served a vegetable with every meal.  Looking back it makes me laugh at all the things we had with green beans.

When I saw the recipe for bacon wrapped green beans I had to try them.  I kept looking at Kelli's receipts and found this one for chicken.  I made both of these the other night and they turned out really good.  These were the only two things we were having so it was kind of a sink or swim moment.  If it didn't turn out we had no backup plan.  Luckily, we didn't have to worry about that.

The chicken was great!  I only used 3 chicken breast and it was fine.  The chicken was really tender and moist.  This may be my new favorite chicken dish.  The green beans were a little sweet, but still really good.  I think next time I will half the amount of brown sugar.  

Both dishes were super easy to make.  I got the chicken prepared and in the oven and then started on the green beans.  By the time I was done preparing the green beans it was time for them to go in the oven.  My prep time was about 30 minutes and then I had 30 minutes to watch T.V. with Jaime.  It worked out just right.

The only thing I did differently with the receipt was cook both at 375.  I think my oven is a little off.  Lately I have been cooking everything on a higher temp then suggested.  So far everything is coming out better and I haven't burnt anything yet.


2 comments:

Caroline said...

They both look so good. I had the same thought when I saw the green bean bundles. I'm going to make them too. I'll have to make the chicken dish with them since you said they were so good. We are always looking for new stuff around here!

Abby said...

Apparently we are all on the same page. I am making the green beans tonight. I will have to also make the chicken dish. Fabulous. I'm so glad you are ahead of me on the cooking curve. Love it!!