Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pumping Iron

I have been working out for about a year and a half now.  Some days I really like it and some days I complain a lot.  I am sure my trainer loves the days that I complain.  

I try to workout three days a week with my trainer depending on my schedule.  If I am being really good I do cardio after I workout.  If I am being ambitious I will walk on the days that I don't workout. 

My scheduled days with the trainer are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.  On Tuesday I always do legs.  I love doing legs.  They are my absolute favorite part of the body to workout and always have been.  If it were up to me I would work legs every time.  On Wednesday I do pushing exercises.  That usually covers shoulders, chest and some triceps.  Friday is usually pulling exercises, which covers biceps, back and some hamstrings.  I really don't understand the difference between pushing and pulling.  I guess that is why I need a trainer.

The question I get most about working out is, "Do you like your trainer?"  My response is absolutely not!  Don't get me wrong, he is really nice and knows what he is doing.  But he also pushes me to work hard and keeps up with what I eat.  Those are two qualities I don't like.  

Last week my trainer was out of town so I took the week off as well.  We all need a break once in a while.  This week we have been back at it and going hard.  Tuesday I had a really tough leg workout and then walked in the neighborhood when I was done.  Yesterday I did shoulders, chest and triceps and walked after.

I have had two really good workouts this week.  Paula always has something new to try.  Her new thing is Bazi.  It is a nutritional drink that has 8 fruits and lots of vitamins and minerals.  I have taken Bazi before both my workouts this week and it has made a difference.  Usually I am drained after workout and it is hard for me to do cardio after.  This week I have had a great workout and then no problem with cardio.  I still have energy after I do cardio.  Tuesday and Wednesday after cardio I came home and did house chores for about an hour.  That is crazy and usually never happens as my energy level is down.

I have been taking two shots of Bazi a day.  One in the morning and one before workout in the afternoon.  The other thing I really like about taking Bazi is that I am not jittery on it like some other energy type drinks.  I really don't think it makes me feel different.  I just have more energy and notice how much I am getting done.

I also like that it gives me some vitamins that I need.  I don't take a multi-vitamin.  I know it is bad not to take some kind of vitamin, but I don't really like taking pills.  I got that from Grandma.  The Bazi gives me more vitamins than I would normally get.

Hopefully with all this working out I will lose some weight and tone up.  Summer is here and I would like to look good.

3 comments:

courtney said...

i like doing legs, too. my favorite is hamstring curls.

i HATE working out any other body part besides legs, especially shoulders. i don't know why, but i really despise shoulder exercises!

good for you for being so dedicated to your work outs!!

courtney said...

Yeah, Landry goes to West. Caroline is at North, right?

Caroline said...

Robin are you on steroids? If so, bring me some when you come visit.