Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WD 40 - The Cure All

So evidently WD 40 fixes everything around our house.

Instead of taking the bed apart to move for the painters we just used "Moving Men".   Surely you have all seen the infomercial for these.  Yes, they really do work.  The bed was light as a feather using those moving men.

When we moved the bed I noticed we had 3 wood post in the middle of the bed frame.  I thought to myself that I would need to check those once the bed was moved back to make sure they were all good.  That never happened.  The bed started making noises anytime you would roll over.  So annoying.  After a few nights I couldn't handle it anymore.  It was waking me up at night.

I asked Jaime to fix it over the weekend and he said he would.  I should never leave anything up to him to fix.  As he mentioned in my birthday post he breaks more than he fixes.  Sunday night I got in bed and it wasn't fixed.  He told me to get up and he would put some WD 40 on it.  We have a totally WOOD bed frame.  Last time I checked WD 40 is not made for wood.  If we had a steel bed frame that would have totally worked.  I rolled my eyes at him and went to sleep.  I made sure to be very dramatic every time I rolled over to convey my frustration with him, because that is the type of wife I am.

Monday morning I got up and was determined to fix the bed.  I took the entire bed apart by myself.  I scooted the mattress off enough to get the box springs off the bed frame.  Of course the problem was that the 3 post in the middle were not upright and so the boards were not laying flat.  The actual problem took about 30 seconds to fix.  Getting the box springs, and the mattress back on are a little different story.

I got it all fixed all by myself.  I was so proud of myself and I didn't even need a can of WD 40 to help me out.

Thanks Dad for pulling me aside when I was 16 and showing me how to fix a few things.  One day it was replacing the break light on my car.  I asked you then why I had to know how to do that and your response was so that I could take care of it if my husband didn't know how.  How did you know that day that I would be the one to fix everything in our house?

Sorry if there are any misspellings.  I upgraded to the new blogger and now I am wondering if I can go back.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Fear not just go back to global settings and go to old editor. You can do it, I do it several times a post!!

Kara said...

As Abby said, you can swap back and forth, but it is a pain. If I'm in a hurry, then I just live with the world knowing that I'm a complete dummy when it comes to spelling!

Caroline said...

He may not can fix a lot of things, but you still got a good one.

Good job fixing the bed!! I usually just call my Dad your yours.

Doneece said...

That's silly robin- said in Johns voice. I miss you! Can you come home soon so we can hang out?

Jacqui said...

Way to go girl!!! I especially love the honesty about being dramatic when you rolled over -hilarious!