Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lubbock, Home of the 2nd Ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders

It was amazing! That doesn't even begin to describe Saturday. It is a day that I will never forget. Today I am only going to post about Tech. I have lots more from the weekend, but way too much for one post.

We started out Saturday morning with our traditional breakfast. We always have a nice breakfast the morning of the UT or A&M game, depending on who we play that year. We had a wonderful breakfast with some very nice drinks. After breakfast we headed to the campus for College Game Day. We did not plan on going early. We didn't care about being on TV, just seeing everything. It was a beautiful morning and a crazy place.

After a wonderful morning watching College Game Day we went to sweet John's birthday party. I will blog more about that later in the week.

After the party and a nap it was time to head to the game for a little tailgating. By this point, I was a nervous wreak. I didn't think we would win I was just worried if we would show up to play.

Of course the first half was amazing. I could not believe it. When we got that safety I was shocked and worried that might be our only points of the night. In case you didn't know, I am a worrier. I worry about anything and everything basically. Once the first half was over I was just concerned we would lose all our momentum in the second half. I was kind of right.

I did enjoy the Tech halftime show. It was all about the pirates, which Coach Leach is obsessed with. It was very entertaining and took my mind off the game, but only for a few seconds.

Once halftime was over it got bad. We did not show up for the third quarter. I probably lost about two years off my life in the third quarter alone. Did I mention it was bad. We did not take advantage of any opportunities. The forth quarter was a little better. My stomach hurt most of the forth quarter and I am not even joking. I did not feel good at all. I think I probably lost another two years off my life during the forth quarter.

I guess all that really matters is that we won and it was a really fun night. We did not rush the field at any point. We know when a game is over unlike our students. We did go onto the field, but only after the game had been over for about an hour. We stuck around the stadium for about 2 hours. It was a lot of fun! I just hope we can do the same next weekend. I could talk about the game for hours, but I know it is of no interest to some of you. We did go back and watch all the game on Sunday afternoon. Yes, we recorded the game and I was still nervous watching on Sunday.
If you don't enjoy pictures you probably shouldn't come back the rest of the week. I love taking pictures and have a really hard time narrowing them down. Just so you know, I took 254 pictures over the weekend.

3 comments:

courtney said...

Hi! I read your blog through Traci's (she designed my blog, too--love it!!). Also, I'm friends with Becky Zona.

We were at the game, too, and it was SO AWESOME!!! I'm like you--I had at LEAST three heart attacks in the fourth quarter! So nerve wracking!

I loved your pictures; the one of the poodle is hilarious!

Caroline said...

Good pictures. I too like the poodle. I have much less invested in football and I was crazy nervous too!

Natalie said...

Glad you all had fun and that Tech was victorious! I always love pictures... keep em coming!