Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blog Birthday

I missed my blog birthday and didn't even know it until today. How sad! We will have to have a proper celebration today. I am only a week late.

I started the blog because of Ann. She was getting a new blog design and told me if I was ever going to get a blog to do it then so it could be listed on hers. I set the blog up and figured I would never blog about anything. I felt like Jaime and I were so boring. We are not as boring as I thought, but we can be boring at times. I just blog through the boring times.

I can't believe it has already been a year. Where does time go? I remember being a kid and thinking time stood still. I feel like now it is passing me by. I have no idea when that happened, but I feel so old asking "Where did the time go?"

Over the past year we have gone some really cool places and done some really exciting things. We have traveled to Lubbock tons of times. We have seen some really good football and spent lots of time with my favorite people. We have also been to Philadelphia, New York City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Washington D.C. and Corpus. Wow that is a lot of places. Some of those we have been to multiple times over the past year.

I have also watched my family struggle with my grandma's Alzheimer's. Grandma is no longer the person I knew growing up. She has changed so much as has my grandpa. They have changed places in life. My grandma was always so caring and took care of everyone. My grandpa was always very strict and quiet about his feelings. Grandpa now takes care of grandma and is the sweetest man. He really does love her even thought she is no longer the woman he married over 60 years ago. I love them both so much and wish they were not going through this.

Some things in my life have changed over the past year. I love Jaime more today than the day that I started the blog. Who knew that could happen. He is truly amazing and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I was also working at The Foundry a year ago. I stopped working there in May and have really enjoyed my time away. I loved working there and meeting so many people. It was such a wonderful learning experience, but I am happy to be moving on.

I couldn't just sit around with nothing to do so I started searching for a new hobby. I found photography and I love it. I have decided to start a business and as of today Robin Perrin Photography is open for business. I am so excited!

I am in Atlanta for a photography workshop. It is called Love Affair and is put on by 4 photographers from around the U.S. I found out about it from Lauren Clark in good old Lubbock. She is one of the photographers that puts the workshop together. I hope someday my pictures can be as good as hers. I will be here the rest of the week trying to soak up as much information as possible.

Happy Birthday Blog! It has been a fun year and who knows what the next year holds for us.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Blog! I can't wait to read about all the exciting things in the upcoming year!

Kara said...

Happy Blog B-day!

Abby said...

I love birthdays, I dont care what the reason. I do think the only gift from alzheimers is getting to see a new side of the care taker. I will always be so thankful for the time I got to spend with my grandpa. Don't be wrong I still hate the alzheimers, but if you could ever find a silver lining that's it!!

Happy birthday, learn lots. If you ever go to another one, I might tag along.