Monday, July 27, 2009

Hogg Maulies

We had a really fun weekend around here. It was busy and more people came to stay with us, but they are all gone now and things can go back to normal.

Friday night we decided to go out on the town. Doneece's visit was coming to an end and we wouldn't to take her out to prove we aren't as old as she thinks. We were going to go to Gruene Hall and see Roger Craiger, but that didn't work out very well. I had to take a friend to the ER so it put a little kink in our plans. It all worked out. Our friend is doing well and we had more fun than if we would have gone to see Roger.

Jaime has an uncle that is a year older than him. I know it is weird and makes for an interesting family tree. Uncle Damon and Aunt Jennifer were in San Antonio for the weekend to see some of her family. Jennifer has a cousin that is in the band Hogg Maulies. They invited us to Gruene to see the Hogg Maulies play at the Ice House.

We decided to head over to visit family and hear some live music. We get to the Ice House and it is like a Lubbock reunion. The Hogg Maulies live in Lubbock and had a large following to Gruene. We ended up knowing tons of people there from Lubbock and then all of Jennifer's family.

At one point I looked over at Doneece and she was singing. I asked her how she knew the song. She has seen the Hogg Maulies in Lubbock before. Such a small world. They put on a great show and we all had a great time. I would go out more if it was like a family reunion with a live band. Maybe I can arrange that.

We ended up meeting the entire band and making some plans for football season. It should be fun. You can listen to some Hogg Maulies music on iTunes. I downloaded their CD today and I already love it.

Robin, Damon and Doneece

Rode from the Hogg Maulies

Jennifer, Rode and Amber

Sorry some of the pictures aren't great. Jaime kept putting his hand in front of the flash. The flash doesn't work very well with a great big hand in the way.

I am headed to Atlanta today. I will be broadcasting live from Atlanta all week. Not really live, but it sounded fun.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I must be really old because none of what you posted made any sense to me. I've never heard of any of these people, but I'm glad you had a great time. Can't wait to hear about Atlanta.