Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blog Friends Become Real Friends

In the past two weeks I have actually meet 2 blog friends and now they are my real friends. The big news is Jaime can't give me a hard time about reading blogs of people I don't know. Actually that isn't true. I still read blogs of people that I don't know, but I cut the number by 2. I am making progress.

While in Lubbock Ann and I got to "meet" Courtney. We met for yummy Mexican food at lunch one day. The food was great, but the company was better. Courtney was just like she seems on the blog and we never stopped talking. We will definitely be meeting up to hang out again. We both love Tech football so I see lots of tailgating and football in our future. This isn't the best picture, but what do you expect with the bright sun and a self portrait?


My next lunch meeting was with Kara. That last sentence makes it seem so professional. It was anything but professional. It was a gab feast and I loved every minute of it. We had lunch at La Duni at Northpark. It was so good. I didn't get a picture of Kara and I, but I got a picture of the amazing desserts. Not only did the dessert taste amazing, but it also looked amazing.


It was so great meeting "new friends" that really felt like long time friends. I hope I can continue to meet all my blog friends that way Jaime can't give me a hard time anymore.

4 comments:

courtney said...

Yes, we DEFINITELY need to get together again when you're in town next! And, tailgating would be great, too--we're always there VERY early! Maybe we can even meet James and he can see for himself that I'm not a scary internet predator! :)

Abby said...

Apparently everyone is reading Courtney's blog and I had no idea about her until Kara told me. So I guess I will have to start lurking her blog as well!

How fun that you are meeting people. I guess we will have to really meet, funny as I feel like we have already really met! Hmm...I may have to plan a road trip. Too bad there is nothing fun between you and I or we could meet in the middle.

Kara said...

It was fun.

Don't be crazy Abby, Robin doesn't live too far from the outlets! That's a great place to meet!

Caroline said...

It was fun. Make sure you keep hanging out with your old blog friends- i.e.- me.