Friday, August 7, 2009

The Braves

While we were in Atlanta I was dead set on going to a Braves game. I wasn't flying all the way to Atlanta and not see a game. I wanted to mark Turner Field off my list and move on to other fields.

Turner Field was amazing. It is the largest stadium we have ever been to. The attendance was 46,000 and there were still plenty of seats available. CRAZY!!!

The skies did not look good leading up to the game. It looked like it was going to pour during batting practice. It never did. The sky looked like this for a long time.

In about the 2nd inning it started raining. It was a nice steady rain, but that didn't affect us. They continued to play baseball so we continued to watch baseball. I had my rain jacket on and an umbrella covering my legs so I was totally fine. Jaime isn't made of sugar so he was fine as well. It rained for about 2 innings and then got super humid. I would have rather it rained the entire game. The Braves ended up losing 5-0.

Manny!

I love the catcher, McCann. He totally doesn't look like a baseball player. Just a regular guy.

Joe Torre is one of my favorite managers!

How cute is Chipper blowing a bubble?


We even got to see Craig Sager. Let me just say he dresses just as crazy in person as he does on TV. I guess he has to keep up the image.


To top it all off, we got to see fireworks after the game. The Braves have fireworks every Friday night and they were pretty impressive.


The game was so much fun. Only one slight problem that Jaime keeps bringing up. The hot dogs weren't the best. I guess we are ranking stadiums and hot dogs now. Just know that the Rangers hot dogs are at the top of the list and the Braves are at the bottom. As far as stadiums go, Jaime's favorite is the Giants and mine is the Phillies.

I was going to count how many stadiums we have been to and how many more we have to go, but I didn't. I keep seeing the Tigers stadium on TV and thinking it looks so nice, but who wants to go to Detroit. Maybe we can just fly in, see a game and then go home.

Who knows what stadium is next for us, but I can't wait to find out.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I heart Chipper Jones. He is so cute!! Take me to your next game!!

Also, why aren't you here today? I want to go to lunch.