Friday, August 28, 2009

Am I Getting Old?

I am a little late posting this morning, which really isn't that odd for me. My parents say I have been late my entire life. It all started when I was due at the end of August and didn't end up making my appearance in this world till September 11. That is also a small hint that my birthday is fast approaching.

I had good intentions of blogging last night. We went to our first football game of the season. High school football is in full swing and college is fast approaching. We made it home right before a big storm hit. I really don't remember what a storm is. It hasn't rained here in a month and when it did rain in July it rained for about 5 minutes.

Last night was great. There was lots of lightning and thunder and a good amount of rain. I was so excited about the storm that I laid down on the bed in the dark to enjoy the storm as much as possible. I didn't turn the TV on so I could hear the rain and thunder perfectly. The lights were off so I could see every lightning strike possible. The storm was wonderful and I really enjoyed it.

The crazy part is this was all about 9:30. Mom, don't freak out but I was asleep by 10. The last time I was asleep my 10 was probably when I was six or seven years old. I slept great last night and am now considering going to bed early every night. I said considering, I seriously doubt that ever happens.

I think Jaime thought I was crazy just wanting to lay in bed with no TV on. This morning he had a different opinion. He now thinks we need a sound machine in our room. Don't get me wrong, I slept really good, but I am not willing to give up falling asleep to Sports Center. If I can find a sound machine with Stewart Scott talking, I'm in.

Happy Friday! We are headed to Corpus for the day. The good news is we have nothing planned for the weekend. I am so excited, but that probably means I will have nothing to blog about next week.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I was actually awake at 10 and nearly called you. Now that would have been a reversal!!

You are definitely not getting old, because that would mean I am already old and that just isn't possible.