Monday, August 10, 2009

Low-Key

We had a low-key weekend, but I enjoyed it. We had great friends from Corpus come visit us. We ended going out to eat Friday night and then did a little shopping. It was really nice. I got some new clothes, but I won't be able to wear them until November. Everything in the stores right now are long sleeve and HOT. It is still over 100 degrees outside and probably will be until November.

Saturday I woke up with a migraine and that pretty much sums up the day. I think everyone else had a great day, but it is all a blur to me. I know we went to a indoor amusement park. They have those blow up bounce things and slides. They also have batting cages, a climbing wall and a spa. The spa was the best part. I did get a pedicure that looks great, but I don't remember the experience.

We also had a great dinner Saturday night. We had stuffed mushrooms, steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus and fruit salad. Good stuff, but I ended up getting sick.

Sunday was much better. The migraine was gone and I was feeling good. We started the morning with grandma's cinnamon rolls. Those things are so good and so bad for you. After our friends headed home we headed to the movie. We saw "The Ugly Truth." It was okay, but it was really the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The theater had to be about 65 degrees. I had my jacket and I was still cold. It was great! I haven't been that cold since February.

It was great seeing our wonderful friends and just hanging out. It had been way too long, I just wish Saturday wouldn't have been wasted with a migraine. It was low-key which is not normal for us, but maybe it is just what the doctor ordered. Things are about to get crazy around here.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Sorry about the migrane. That's a bummer that you can't remember the pedicure!!

Abby said...

Oh I love a cliff hanger...I hope it's good crazy!!