Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Celebrating Amy

Our original plan last week was to stay in Dallas over the weekend and then come home on Monday after Jaime got done with mediation. Our plans changed last Thursday when we both decided we needed to get home. Home was a distant memory and I wanted to get reacquainted with my wonderful home.

Jaime wanted to come home Friday night after he was done with his deposition. I wanted to stay until Saturday and fly home Saturday night. I begged, I pleaded, I pulled out all my tricks to get my way. Guess what, I got my way.

I really wanted to stay Saturday so I could go to a baby shower and a football game. My friend from high school, Amy, was having a baby shower on Saturday morning. Amy and I actually went to junior high and high school together. She was one of my best friends. She went off to that school in college station with Jacqui and we lost touch. We didn't lose touch completely. We did a good job of keeping up with each other through Jacqui.

Come to find out Amy and I hadn't seen each other since my wedding eight years ago. WOW! It doesn't seem that long ago. Jacqui invited me to the shower, but didn't tell Amy. Amy walked in and was shocked. It was great. Amy has not changed much since high school. I remembered why we were such great friends in junior high and high school.

Amy is due late September with her second baby. She has Emma that is two and Jack will be joining the family soon. We celebrated the upcoming arrival of Jack with pedicures. Isn't that the perfect way to celebrate?

The shower was so much fun and it was great getting to see Amy and her mom. It was hard to leave when Jaime came to pick me up. I felt like I was in high school again and I wanted to call and say "Can I stay a little longer?" I did have to leave, but not without taking pictures.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

I am so glad that you came! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye when you left. Thanks for taking great pictures!

Caroline said...

So fun. I want another shower like that, but not badly enough to have another baby. :)

Unknown said...

Robin,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming and celebrating our new baby Jack! I finally am sitting down to read your blog and take a look at your photography website and I am super impressed! I had no idea this was another one of your talents! Amazing:)
Amy