Friday, April 10, 2009

Catching Up

Really, where does time go?  I can't believe it is already Friday, but I am so excited because we are in Lubbock for the long weekend.  So FUN!!!

I really don't like list, but sometimes there is no other option.  I haven't blogged all week and I need to catch up.  It seems the fastest way to do that is a list.  Maybe from now on Friday will be "List Friday" here at the nest.  Not quite as catchy as "Fashion Friday" that some other blogs post.

1.  Our last two days in D.C. were great.  We got up early Sunday morning to head to church at the National Cathedral.  Palm Sunday service was amazing.  Jaime and I visited the church on our last trip to D.C., but not for a service.  The church is so much more powerful during a service.  It was a perfect way to start the day.  By the end of the service I had developed a migraine.  The rest of the day was spent in bed.  So sad.

2.  Very sad news, our flight was delayed out of Baltimore on Monday night.  The flight was so delayed that we could have made the opening day baseball game for the Orioles.  The Orioles were playing the Yankees.  If only I would have been able to predict the future, I could have marked one stadium off my list.  Oh well, just means we will have to make another trip back to Baltimore.

3.  Tuesday night Jaime was out of town for work.  I took the opportunity to go see a special friend and have dinner.  I took dinner over to Cory's house.  We ate great Mexican food and talked lots.  I also had plenty of time to play with Thatcher.  He will be a year old soon.  He is at such a fun age.  Cory's husband has been in New York for a month training for a new job.  Can you imagine?  She has been really strong and made it.  Rob comes home tonight.  Praise the Lord!  I know they are all ready to be back together.

4.  The Spurs???  Not much to say about the Spurs.  I am afraid we might not be going to many playoff games.  With Manu out the playoff run is not looking good.  It is kind of sad.

5.  I am so happy that were are in Lubbock for the weekend.  It is going to be a busy one.  Jaime and I are taking care of Caroline and John today while Annie and Jeff are at work.  Tomorrow afternoon we have Caroline's 5th birthday party and tomorrow night we will celebrate Jeff's birthday.  You know Sunday is Easter and we will celebrate the Lord.  It is all so exciting.

I am sure it will take me all next week to blog about our trip to Lubbock.  You should expect lots of pictures because those two kids are my favorite.  Hope you have a wonderful Easter and get to spend the day rejoicing in the Lord.  

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'm so excited you are here. We have lots of fun activities planned! You are the best for coming all this way to help me!