Thursday, April 23, 2009

Need I Say More

This hairdo is the reason I learned to braid my hair.  I am the one with the ginormous gold clip in my hair.  Ann is the one with the 80's hair and Doneece is the one that doesn't have hair issues.  Fortunately for Doneece she wasn't old enough to have hair issues yet.  I wish I would have been so lucky.


When I was in second grade I wanted to get my haircut like Jennifer Horton on Days of Our Lives.  She had a cute bob that was about shoulder length.  My mom had a different idea.  She thought I should cut all of my hair off.  She won.  Once I had the haircut she decided it wasn't quite cute enough.  Mom decided my hair would be much cuter with a perm.  Mom, Grandma and Aunt Anita gave me a home perm.  After the perm mom decided my look would be complete with the gold clip.  Instead of putting the clip at an acceptable distance from my forehead she put it about 2 inches from forehead.  All of this didn't end up making me look like Jennifer Horton.

After all this hair trauma mom decided we should have our picture taken.  This picture still haunts me.  

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Seriously? Did you have to take me down with you? My hair is almost as bad as yours- but, it was the popular style at the time. Big bangs with a spiral perm. And I'm also sporting some lovely shoulder pads. Yuck. Next time can you crop me out of the picture?

courtney said...

Ha! I think that's a great picture!!

Jacqui said...

I LOVE it! Hilarious. Thank you for being willing to share your humiliation so that we could have a much needed, deep belly laugh!

Natalie said...

Love those 80's! What are we going to say about now in 10-20 years?? Hard to say!