Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Flowers

We spent a good part of the weekend planting flowers.  Neither of us has a green thumb, so this is a big stretch for us.  Even though we had no idea what we were doing, we had a great time.

I had bought a few things at Lowe's on Thursday and Saturday we headed to Home Depot for a few other things.  I must say that Home Depot had a better selection of plants.  I have no idea what kind of plants we got.  I basically picked things that were a pretty color.

We planted 6 plants in pots and put 3 bird feeders out.  So far everything looks really good.  We have even seen some humming birds around.

We also cleaned out the garage and cleaned the back porch.  The back porch looks great.  It is nice to look out the big windows in the living room and see pretty flowers, some birds and a clean porch.  I doubt it will stay like that for long.  I am not sure if the plants will die first or if the porch will get dirty first.  It is hard to tell, but I think the plants may be on the losing end.  



I just hope everything makes it while we are gone.  I am headed to Lubbock this morning for a few days and Jaime is headed to Victoria, Corpus and Houston.   

2 comments:

Caroline said...

It all looks great!

Abby said...

It looks so nice and if you keep your reciept when everything dies, you can just put it in a bag and return them to Home Depot. The greatest return policy I've ever heard of and much used at this black thumbed house...don't know what I will do with red pepper plant the fire ants ate! Have fun in Lubbock!!