Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Already?

Can you believe it is September already? Where does the time go?

It is finally starting to feel like Fall is coming. My neighbor, Lara, and I have been walking almost every morning since summer began. There have been some really hot mornings. So hot we considered stopping and drinking out of water hoses along the walk. This week has actually been nice in the mornings. I feel like I can make it and not pass out from heat stroke 5 minutes into the walk.

I hope the fall weather comes soon. I am ready to sit outside and watch football while wearing a jacket.

September starts our busy season. First football starts then it is Labor Day and then my BIRTHDAY. I know some of you don't really care for birthdays, but I love birthdays especially mine. I still act like I am 10 years old. I love people calling and wishing me happy birthday and receiving cards in the mail and best of all presents.

My birthday will be here before I know it and I am sure you will hear lots about it.

Labor Day comes first and we have talked a lot about what our plans for Labor Day are. We have looked at almost every major city looking for a football game or baseball game. This year there are no good cities with baseball or football going on.

Jaime suggested New Orleans, but if we go there he wants to see an LSU game. Of course LSU is not at home. He also suggested Memphis, but Southwest doesn't fly into Memphis. We didn't want to fly any other airline or drive so that ruled out Memphis. I wanted to go to Portland. I think Portland would be perfect this time of year. I wanted to go somewhere pretty and relaxing. Portland fit the bill for me, but Jaime didn't wan to go that far. I also suggested going back to Atlanta to see Alabama and Virginia Tech play in the Georgia dome on Saturday. Jaime didn't like the idea of flying to Alabama and driving to Atlanta again. Seriously, we have looked at so many places that I can't even list them all.

I guess we are staying home because we can't agree on a place. I am so sad we not going anywhere. I feel like we have these 3 days and we should take advantage of them. I guess we will take advantage of them by sitting on the couch and watching football.

If you could go anywhere Labor Day weekend where would it be? Maybe we haven't considered your idea and we can end up going somewhere. Help us out.

3 comments:

courtney said...

How bout you come to Lubbock? ;)

Caroline said...

Denver? Maybe you could soak up some cool Rocky Mountain air?

Kara said...

For a three day weekend my answer is ALWAYS New Orleans