Monday, August 4, 2008

Announcing the Arrival of...

Here at the Nest we would like to announce the arrival of a nephew. Grason Wayne was born Saturday, August 2 at 10:29pm. He weighed in at 7lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. He is precious!

It was a very long day for all of us, but mostly for Kendra. The woman did it all without an epidural. She is truly amazing! Derrick and Kendra got to the hospital at 6am along with Jaime's parents, grandparents and 2 of my mother-in-law's best friends. Jaime's family is like my family. We never go alone. Can you imagine what our hospital waiting room will look like (and no there are no announcements to be made.) They started Kendra on meds around 7am and we all waited. Jaime and I got to the hospital around 11am. The women visited for awhile and played cards while Jaime was on the computer the entire day. I did sneak away for an hour to get a manicure. I needed my nails to look good for my new nephew.

Kendra and Grason are doing well. Grason is so cute and I really got to love on him. I am very fortunate to have a loving and understanding family. They knew Jaime and I would be leaving Sunday afternoon to go home so they let us hog Grason most of the day. It was wonderful. We both reluctantly left the hospital for the drive home. Grason loves to be held close to your chest and hates when you uncover him. I did uncover him for a little bit and he has the longest feet. He will be able to wear Jaime's shoes in no time at all. Grason also has the longest arms I have ever seen. Derrick, Kendra and Grason should be able to go home sometime today.

Speaking of Today, it is my father-in-laws birthday. Happy Birthday Popsi. Popsi is a wonderful father to both Jaime and Derrick. He is going to be an amazing grandfather to Grason. We are all so lucky to have him in our lives. We will be heading back to Corpus soon for the birthday party and to see Grason.

Get ready, here come the pictures.

Jaime waiting...

Lori, Peggy, Pam and Gramsi waiting...

Lori, Mema, Gramsi and Grandma waiting...

Grason Wayne and Mom

Grason and Dad

Mom, Dad and Grason (aren't they so sweet)

Me, Jaime and Grason

Grason

Derrick, Kendra and Grason

Gramsi, Popsi and Grason

I have so many more pictures that I would love to share, but I am out of time. I really could post all 94 pictures on here. That might be overload.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

He is darling! Congratulations Aunt Spotted Bird.