Friday, August 1, 2008

Road Trip

It is official! Jaime and I will be taking a road trip to meet our new niece or nephew. We are headed to Corpus on Saturday because Jaime's brother and sister-in-law are going to be induced. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of this baby, most of all so we can find out if it is a boy or girl. I am not a patient person so this waiting nine months to find out if it is a boy or girl is driving me crazy.

The worst part of not knowing if it is a boy or girl is I have not been able to buy any gender specific clothes, blankets, shoes or diaper bags. Don't worry, there is a Khol's right next to the hospital so when the baby is born you know where I will be headed. I have bought a few things that were yellow and green. When I showed Jaime the clothes he asked "How did you know what kind of clothes to buy?" This totally threw me for a loop. I didn't know if he meant size or summer clothes as opposed to winter clothes or brand. I of course asked what he meant by "kind of clothes." He said I didn't know if it was a boy or girl so how did I know what to buy. The boy has a lot to learn, but I am working on it. It was really cute because he was totally confused!

We are so happy for Derrick and Kendra. They are going to be such wonderful parents to this child. We can't wait to meet the new baby and love and spoil him or her to no end. Check back for pictures, but most of all to find out if it is a boy or a girl.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Being an aunt is wonderful!

Caroline said...

I can't wait to hear the news! Call me when you know.