Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wasted Day

Yesterday was a really fun day!!! I waited for Sears repair most of the day.

My dryer has been acting up for a few months now and I have been putting off the repair. Sears repair service is really a pain to deal with. My dryer will stop mid cycle and then won't turn back on for 20 minutes or so. I know the thing was over heating, I just wish I knew how to fix the problem.

I finally called Sunday night to make an appointment. I hardly got 2 loads of laundry done on Sunday because it was being so difficult. Once I finally reached a real live person on the phone they told me my option was Wednesday from 8am to 5pm. Well, isn't that convenient. I don't have a job so it is not such a big deal for me, but what about people that do work. Sears really expects for a person to take a whole day off work to wait for them. Crazy!

The dryer repair man showed up at 1:30 which wasn't too bad. Of course the dryer would never stop working while he was here. He said he thought the motor was going out by what I was describing to him. How much is that? The good news is on Sunday we made the right decision. We were given the option of paying $70 for the service call plus parts and labor or for the low price of $149.99 we could purchase the one year extended warranty that would cover the repairs up to $500. The new motor was $349.99. Isn't that perfect?

The only problem with all this was I missed workout. I moved workout to 3pm, but the nice Sears man did not get done until 3:30. The rest of the week is so busy that I don't have time to make it up. I complain a lot about working out, but I really do enjoy it and it makes me sad when I miss. I know most of you are thinking that is odd. I think it is too. Please don't tell my trainer I actually enjoy working out. He doesn't know and he can't find out. I enjoy complaining to him too much.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Please send me some of your motivation to work out. I need it. Glad you got your dryer fixed.