Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sweet Caroline

We all know that I do not have kids. I love kids especially Caroline and John. They are like my niece and nephew because Ann is like my sister. It only makes sense. I love these kids so much and hate being so far away from them. They are both growing up so fast and I am ready for them to slow down.

Caroline is about to leave daycare and move onto school. This can't be happening. There is no way she is old enough to be moving on. I know she will do great and love school. She is Ann's child, of course she will love school.

The past few days I have been thinking about her a lot! I think about her leaving daycare and going to school and how she will adjust. I can't help but think of all my times at daycare. Caroline goes to the same daycare that Ann, Doneece and I all went to. We were all there until 1st grade when we moved onto elementary. Daycare brings back so many memories when I am in Lubbock and go pick Caroline and John up. Thank goodness those walls can't talk. I know my parents wouldn't be surprised, but there are somethings they don't need to know.

My parents know plenty about my days at daycare. I didn't get away with much there. I remember one day in the summer probably when I was 5 or 6 in particular. I think we were having a play day or maybe I am making that up. Anyways, as usual Dad dropped me off and Grandma would pick me up. When Dad dropped me off that day I took the shoelaces out of my tennis shoes. It was the new trend at the time and I was trendy even at a young age. I was not suppose to be taking the shoelaces out of my shoes. It made my dad mad at me. I have no idea why I was not suppose to take them out and still don't to this day. I figured I was good and would just put the laces back in before Grandma came to pick me up.

Didn't really work out for me. We were outside playing on the play ground and who shows up? That would be my dad. Of course he noticed and I got in trouble. Seriously, they are just shoelaces. No big deal, but not to him. I was so excited he came to see me in the middle of the day and then he just ended up being mad at me. Didn't work out so well. I also remember I was wearing pigtail's that day and my head got sunburned where the part was. Random, I know.

I just wonder what Caroline will remember from daycare. It will be no time at all before she is grown up and I can ask her. That is unless I can talk her into staying 4 forever.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

If Caroline is anything like her mother, she won't have anything to tell you about her days at daycare- her meory won't be that good. Seriously, how do remember that kind of stuff? We can't wait to see you next week.