Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Coffee for Two

This is for my husband. He will never know because he never reads my blog, but I want the rest of the world to know that I have a wonderful husband. I am so lucky!

We all know I am not a morning person, but Jaime really doesn't care about getting up in the morning. Of course he likes to sleep in, but it isn't required. Since the coffee shop has opened he has been getting up at 4:30am with me on Mondays and Thursdays. We leave the house at 5:30 and he meets me at The Foundry and makes sure I get in okay. He usually takes a little nap, fills the ice bin for me and patiently waits for me to get the coffee ready so he can have some. He is usually there until around 8:00 or 8:30 and then he goes on to work. His office is only about 2 miles from the coffee shop so it works out nicely.

It usually isn't that busy when we open at 7:00 so we have some time to hang out together. It has become my favorite time with him. It is quite and peaceful. We usually don't even talk, just sit on the couch together and enjoy the coffee and company. I am so lucky to have him in my life. I know that I could not get up that early to go sit with him at work, that is probably why he has never asked me.

I am sure there are mornings he would like to get a little more sleep, but he never says anything. It means so much to me that he goes with me. It is simple, but I love it. He is more than I could have ever asked for and I appreciate him more since we have been sharing early mornings together. I think God knew what he was doing.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That is so sweet of him. I've discovered after having children that you have to really love someone to give up sleep for them. I'm glad Jamie goes with you- it makes me worry less that you are out that early.

Anonymous said...

I loooooove that! That is the sweetest thing ever. You have to make sure he knows how much this means to you. As early as it is, I'm sure he loves his time with you just as much...why else in the world would he do that!!!! does he have a brother?! Ha.