Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blessed

I knew I was blessed to have Jaime in my life before this ordeal started. He has always been the rock in our relationship. He also provides for us and is the most encouraging person I know. I have known all this for a very long time, but I didn't understand just how lucky I am to have him in my life.

Jaime was out of work for four days. That has never happened! I felt bad he was missing work, but I couldn't have made it without him. He worked from the house those four days, but I don't think he got much done. Between calling all the doctors, making all the doctors appointments and taking me to the doctor he didn't have much spare time. Jaime also had to wake me up every four hours for Benadryl even through the night. I am sure he felt like he was taking care of a baby. I know I did. I felt helpless.

Things are definatly better. Jaime is back at work and I can take care of myself for the most part. Monday was the first time I had driven in two weeks. It took me a few minutes to get everything straight. It was weird getting in the drivers seat and having to take responsibilty. I was use to the passenger seat where I had no responsibility, but to put my seatbelt on. I know it sounds funny.

After everything that happened at the doctor on Monday I was really down. I thought I was getting better and almost done with this whole thing. I was so sad to think that I have another month. I have realized how important your health is. I have never really been sick and I figured out quick that it sucks. I may bitch about working out, but I love the fact that I had the energy to workout. Now I barely have enough energy to get ready.

I am so ready to feel like my old self again. Can I go back to being 28? So far 29 has been down hill. I do thank the Lord for my health. I could be a lot worse off. Jaime tells me we will get through this and I will feel like myself again in a few weeks. I am sure he is right.

There have been lots of people that have gotten me through the past two weeks. Mom coming was so helpful. Ann was my chauffeur and babysitter at night. Doneece was my chauffeur and babysitter during the day. I am really blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Thank you Jaime! Thank you just doesn't seem enough for all you have done. There is no way I would have made it without you. Not only did you make sure I was taken care of medically, but you calmed me down and encouraged me through it all. You are my rock and I love you dearly.

2 comments:

courtney said...

hey!! i've got a little surprise for you!! ;)

Abby said...

Saying lots of prayers for you! I can't imagine...how scary (you know i totally googled it as soon as you said not to!

Enjoy your quarintine (sp?) during this holiday season!