Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Wheaties

Peanut Butter Wheaties are a tradition around our house. I remember growing up and helping mom make these. Now I make them every year at Christmas. Usually I take one day when Jaime is at work and spend the day making Peanut Butter Wheaties, but this year I had help. There is no way I could have done it on my own.

Saturday afternoon Jaime helped me make them. He was a great help and I think it will be our new tradition to make them together. I think he will probably disagree. After the second batch he was asking how much longer. I have no idea how many batches we made. We kept going till we ran out of corn syrup. I think we probably made 6 batches.

We don't keep it all for ourselves. We give most of it away to our friends. We are trying to fatten our friends up. Not really, but once you see the recipe you will think it is true.

Wax paper
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 cups Wheaties

Bring corn syrup and sugar to boil. Add peanut butter and stir it in real good. Add Wheaties and coat with mixture. Remove from heat. Make into balls and place on wax paper.

I am not Pioneer Woman so don't judge the pictures. Just be happy you get pictures.

Corn Syrup and Sugar. I like this wooden spoon because the ingredients seem not to stick on it as bad as other spoons.

Corn Syrup, Sugar and Peanut Butter all mixed together.

All the good stuff, but it is hot! Don't burn yourself.

I don't actually make them into a ball. That requires too much work. I just get a spoon and spoon it out on the wax paper. I make mine small, but Jaime's were huge. Whatever floats your boat will be just fine.

The best way to make this is to sit on a stool and make your husband do all the moving around. He may pay you back by dropping a spoonful of HOT Peanut Butter Wheaties on your hand while transferring to the wax paper. Said spoonful will burn the first 2 layers of skin off your hand, but will still taste really good. I know all this from experience.

Do you have any holiday recipes I should know about?

2 comments:

Abby said...

We use cornflakes but these are our favorite cookies. I can eat the entire batch on my own!! I love them!!

Yum...I may have to go out and make some today!!

Caroline said...

I love them so much. I love them the best when you make them for me so I don't have to!

Sorry about your hand!