Friday, December 18, 2009

The Presents Are Wrapped Almost

I am 99% done and I am exhausted! It has been a long week.

Where has this week gone? I feel like it passed me by and I was suppose to lay on the couch all week.

Monday was not a very good day around here. I had a migraine all day. I have not had a migraine in a long time, but Monday the migraine would not leave me alone. Finally, about 6pm it went away. In all my pain on Monday I forgot to take the steroid till late. Monday night we had our Bunco Christmas party. It was fun and the food was delicious. I didn't have the energy to take my camera so no pictures this year. Once, I got home from the party I was wide awake. Not taking the steroid till late really messed me up. The only positive was I occupied my late night with wrapping presents. From midnight till 2am I wrapped six presents. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. Am I a slow wrapper? The wrapping wore me out and finally I was tired enough to go to bed.

When the week started I had no plans except the Bunco party. That all changed. I ended up doing the Murphy's pictures Tuesday afternoon. My Christmas cards finally arrived Tuesday evening. Why is it once you become a photographer your Christmas card is no longer a priority? My card has never gone out this late, but at least I sent one out. I addressed envelopes forever Tuesday night and then stayed up till 2am again editing pictures.

Wednesday was about the same. Pictures of Riley and Avary and another late night editing. I did sleep in Wednesday morning. After I got the Christmas cards to the post office I did a little more wrapping. I was finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One good thing about ordering all the Christmas gifts online, they all came in a box ready to be wrapped. I didn't waste countless hours this year looking for boxes.

Yesterday I had another migraine. I think I have spent way too much time this week looking at a computer. I am at least blaming the migraines on the computer. The computer really wasn't my friend yesterday. I spent the morning trying to place print orders and it did not go well. I could not find the pictures I was looking for and was convinced the computer had "lost" my file. Come to find out I was not looking under the right file name. The brain still isn't working very well. Finally, I decided to head back to bed. My head hurt and it seemed everything was going wrong. After napping for three hours everything seemed better. I spent the rest of the afternoon wrapping.

I am happy to report that all our wrapping is done and no gift bags were used! Actually, I ordered one more last minute present on Tuesday. It should be arriving next week and I will have to wrap it when it does arrive. Besides that one lonely present I am done and it feels so good.

Because I am done wrapping our guess bedroom is no longer a guest bedroom and is now a present storage room. I never put all the packages under the tree. It seems pointless to me. I arrange all the presents under the tree and mess up half the ornaments on the bottom trying to fit packages under there. A few days later I remove all the presents from under the tree and mess up the other half of the ornaments on the bottom. I finally just gave up!

If you were planning on making an unannounced visit to stay with us next week, just know you will be sharing a bed with the presents.


Next week I really am going to lay on the couch!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I had that Fa La La... paper last year. I loved it! It was so slick and shiny. I looked at Hallmark this year and ours didn't have any. I was bummed!

At least everything is wrapped. I ordered a few online gifts and thought the exact same thing...it's wonderful because they come in a box! (well mostly, one came in an envelope...what am I suppose to do with that!)

I hope you have resting in your plans for the weekend. You have been doing too much!

Caroline said...

Your gifts look good. I wish I was that far along. The only things I wrapped have already been given out. I have a lot to do!!

I wish you could come rest on my couch and keep me entertained. I miss you.