Monday, December 21, 2009

Spotted Update

I no longer have to go to the doctor. I don't know if the doctor got tired of seeing me or just felt sorry for me having to pay a co-pay every time I went to the office. I don't really care what the reason, my wallet is happy and I am happy.

Instead of going to the doctor I have to call the doctor every few days to update him. I talked to Dr. Nichola last Thursday. I was out of the steroid, but still had the rash. Dr. Nichola decided I should take the steroid for another 30 days to be on the safe side. I also have to continue the zyrtec once a day and two benadryl at night. The benadryl is suppose to help the rash, but also help me sleep. The steroid causes me not to sleep. I will take the benadrly for about 35 more days and the zyrtec for 60 more days. I can't come off all the medication at once because the rash may come back.

The rash is looking better, but I still have it on my stomach and back. If you see me out in public you would never know I still have a rash. I have started working out again. Dr. Nichola really wanted me to get back to working out. I have only been working out about once a week and I don't do much. I take it nice and easy, but it feels good to workout. I have been trying to walk each day It has been cold and rainy here so the walking isn't going very well. Hopefully this week I can walk everyday. I still get tired really easy, but have a hard time sleeping. I actually have tons of side effects from the steroid and can't wait to be done with it.

Dr. Nichola still wants me to take it easy and not push myself. I promised him I would. I also promised him I would call if I had an problems. Dr. Nichola has been so great with everything. I love having a doctor who truly cares, too bad I had to find him this way.

I mentioned on Friday that I was done wrapping all the presents. I forgot to mention non of the presents have a bow. I think the presents don't need a bow this year. Does anyone really care if the present has a bow or just what is inside?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Glad you are (maybe) better. If you aren't having to see a doc then that is at least a little better!

Caroline said...

Glad you are getting better and I hope you follow the doctor's advice and take it slow.

Yes, I think the packages need a bow. Sorry, but I have to tell you the truth.