Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas A La Hotel

We are spending Christmas in a hotel this year. When we arrived yesterday it didn't feel very festive. I fixed that little problem.

I did a little light shopping yesterday to make our room a little more festive.

The first store I went to had all the Christmas decorations half off. I totally took advantage of that sale. I found some really cute ornaments.

Love these cowboy boots!

I saw Raider Red and knew I needed him.

This little train is cute and reminds me of John.

The candy cane is so pretty.

I couldn't resist the gingerbread house.

I also found this cute snowman. I love him here, but can't wait to find him a place at home.

I also decided I needed a place to put my new ornaments so I headed to Hobby Lobby for a little Christmas tree. I really wanted a pre-lit tree, but with it being two days before Christmas it is hard to be picky. I settled for the only little tree they had which was $10.50. I found everything I needed to decorate the room at Hobby Lobby all for under $50. I was so excited.

Now our hotel room feels festive and ready for Christmas. I am so ready for Christmas. I can't wait to spend time with family and some really good food.

Merry Christmas Eve!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

You rock!! That is so cute. I love your decorations. The cowboy boots ornament is great!

I'm really going to miss spending Christmas with you. Although it is only 10:15 a.m. and I've spoken to you four times today, I still miss you. Love.

Traci said...

Merry Christmas, Robin! Your decorations look great! :)

The Blevins' said...

Why are you in a hotel?? Cute decorations though

Kara said...

Cute decorations! I also am wondering why you are in a hotel...do tell