Monday, December 14, 2009

The Rest of the House

thenester.com.png

Mostly everything stayed the same as far as Christmas decorations go. Same stuff different place. I usually look at the pictures from the previous year and then put the stuff in the same place. Not so much this year. That was the last thing on my mind. My goal was to get it up and I really didn't care where it went.


Last year I added these ornaments to our dining room chandelier. I love them, but think I need a few more. It dresses the dining room up and gives it a Christmas feeling. I did the same thing in the breakfast area.

I love my nativity scene. This was the most important thing for me to have out this year. It is usually the first thing I put up and the last thing I take down.

This sign is new this year. I forgot to mention it on Friday, but I have a good excuse. It is actually reversible. The other side says "Give Thanks," so it has been up for awhile now. I love a decoration that can be used for two holidays.

We have many stockings. Mom still has our stockings that Grandma made for us. I love those stockings and am sad I will not get to see them hanging over the fireplace this year. Maybe Ann will take a picture of my mom's fireplace and email it to me or blog it. Wouldn't that be sweet? My guess if she doesn't that the stockings still look like this.

We also have our stockings that hang on our fireplace. I got those stockings from Hobby Lobby and think they are cute, but nothing special. I am sure once we have kids I will get some that I love for our fireplace. I do love our other stocking that we have hung in the living room.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Cute decor. I need you to come add a few things to my house.

I will get you a picture. It is the least I can do!