Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Shopping

All the Christmas shopping is done! I don't think I have ever finished my Christmas shopping this early. This internet shopping is pretty great. I haven't had to go out and fight all the crowds and crazy people. Instead I sit at home on my comfy couch and order all the stuff online.

I kind of feel like I haven't done anything to get ready for Christmas. Usually by this time I am all stressed out and tired from all the running around. This year I have only been out to Dillard's. Just to let you know Dillard's has a London Fog trench coat on sale for $79.99. It comes in red, pink, purple, green, orange, black, brown and khaki. It is super cute! I purchased the red one for myself. I purchased the purple one for Ann. I am her personal shopper and felt she needed to add a trench to her wardrobe.

Dillard's was the only store I couldn't get free shipping so I went Friday morning. There were not many people there and I was on a mission. I was in and out in 30 minutes and purchased 6 gifts. It was well worth my time!

My least favorite store this Christmas season is Target. I am a loyal Target shopper and usually love them. Not so much this year. I am sure the store is still great, but online is not my friend. I tried to order seven Christmas presents online. I did my shopping and had everything in my cart. When I got ready to check out I noticed that two items were no longer in my cart. I went back and tried to find them to put in my cart again. I could not find the two items anymore. After searching the site for about 30 minutes I finally figured out that the two items were out of stock. At some point during my shopping process the two items sold out and disappeared from my cart. Target didn't mention this they just took the items out of my cart.

I went ahead and placed my order for six items from Target. I got free shipping on all the items so I was still semi-excited. They were suppose to mail all the items in as few shipments as possible. Guess how many shipments I am receiving from Target? You are correct, six. This really shouldn't bother me since I didn't pay for shipping, but for some reason it does. This is where my big problem with Target comes. I received an email from them on Saturday telling me that the Keurig coffee maker I ordered for James would not ship till January 12 or 14. Great! I went to the Keurig website and they had the coffee maker for the same price and free shipping. I went ahead and ordered it from there. You will be glad to know that I ordered it on Saturday and they shipped it on Saturday. So much easier. I canceled the order with Target. Target you are dead to me for a few days!

Now that all the Christmas presents are purchased I need to start wrapping. I am afraid wrapping is going to be the hard part. That might take a lot of energy. Maybe I will just wrap a few a day. Jaime offered to wrap the presents, but Caroline could do a better job wrapping. He is not good at the wrapping. I have tried to teach him many times and it never works out.

Maybe this year everyone will get their present in a sack.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yea for you! Way to go. With being sick and taking photographs and all that decorating you've done, it's awesome that you're done with shopping too!

Your house looks great!

Kara said...

I finished my wrapping on Sunday night and it is a chore. Take it easy! I'm not usually one to advocate this, but maybe you should just use gift bags this year (I cannot believe those words were typed by my fingers!)

Abby said...

I'm so with you. I hate Target on line as well!! In general not as in love with Target as I was once a upon a time. Watch out with your online returns there too because they can be a headache!! If someone would like to invent a better target, I would totally shop there!!

Gift bag it sister!! I'm not one for gift bags normally. I am a huge wrapper, but this year you have a free get out of jail card! Use it!

Love that you are Ann's personal shopper, they are the best. I love my personal shopper!!

Caroline said...

I still have a lot of shopping to do. Just not sure when I'm going to find the time to do it.

I can't wait to see my trench coat. Thank you personal shopper!!

Also, if you mail all your Lubbock packages to me, I'll wrap them.