Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

All the Christmas decorations are up and I am loving it. I love laying on the couch with the Christmas tree next to me all lit up. Jaime and I buy an ornament in every city we visit. It is fun to look at all the ornaments we have collected over the years. I forget all the places we have been. Thank goodness I have the ornaments to remind me.

These are just a few of my favorite ornaments.

I love this little frog we got from Puerto Rico. We went to San Juan for our 5th wedding anniversary. Jaime had work in the Dominican Republic so I tagged along. I stayed in Puerto Rico while Jaime went to the Dominican for a day to work. It was a fun trip.

Guess where this one is from? We went to New York with my family for Christmas 3 years ago. None of us had ever been and it was so much fun. The Statue of Liberty was not so much fun. The line was 2 hours long and the security was worse than the airport.

I love this ornament. This is my first Christmas ornament. It says "Baby's First Christmas 1980" on one side and the other side has my birth weight and length. My birth weight and length are in stickers. I am sure they have something really fancy these days, but in 1980 you bought the ornament and personalized it with number stickers.

This is the St. Louis arch. We went to St. Louis for the 4th of July in 2008. The St. Louis arch was great on the outside, but crowded on the inside. I don't think I have ever been more claustrophobic in my life. We were in there about 2 minutes and I was done.

The Liberty Bell from Philadelphia. The best part is it is a working bell. Mily had a great time ringing the bell before putting it on the tree. I was a little worried about the crack and the ringing of the bell, but all is well with the bell.

Our cute ornament from Seattle with Santa climbing the Space Needle.

I think this turtle is super cute. It came from Washington D.C. We were visiting the Capital and this cute thing was for sale at the gift shop. I had to have it. The ornament next to it is from our trip to the Bahamas.

This is the other ornament we got from the Bahamas. It is clear and has sand in it with sea shells and a bucket. It is really cute, but if it ever breaks while on the tree I will be pissed. I do not like sand at all and the thought of sand all over my tile floor makes me cringe.

This crazy fish came from an ornament exchange. At first I thought it was ugly, but each year it grows on me.

This is the White House in case you can't read it. We got it on our second trip to D.C.

This little bell is so special. My great-grandmother on my dad's side made it. I love it and think of her every time I look at it.

This is another special one. Grandma and Aunt Anita made it for me. They always did ceramics when I was growing up. I love this ornament!

You can't really tell, but on top of this slug-bug is a Canadian flag. One day during our Seattle trip we went to Canada. I think the car is so cute.

You shouldn't be surprised that I have several Tech ornaments. I have no idea where I got the first one, but I love it because it is plain and simple. The second one I won at a raffle. It has the Masked Rider on the other side and says Texas Tech.

This is probably my favorite ornament. Jesus is the Reason for the Season!!! I always hang this ornament right next to the couch. It is my daily reminder why we celebrate Christmas.

I only have one new Christmas decoration this year. I did such a good job of not going over board. I am very proud of myself.

The first Christmas Jaime and I were married I bought a wreath for our front door from
Wal-Mart. It was a tiny little thing and not very pretty, but it worked. Over the past 8 years I had never found anything I liked better. I take that back, I found plenty, but I wasn't paying what they were asking.

I found a wreath I liked at Hobby Lobby back in September. It was originally $100, but half off. I took it! I was in love with it till I found another one at a Christmas store. It looked a lot like mine, but had tons of ribbon hanging down, but it was $300. That is CRAZY to me. I decided I would spruce mine up. This is how it came out. I love it and it was nowhere close to $300

The Christmas tree turned out great again this year. Our next door neighbor Mily came over to help with the tree. Her and Jaime did a great job, while I layed on the couch. Mily was in charge of the bottom of the tree and Jaime was in charge of the top. They are a great team.

7 comments:

Kara said...

It all looks great!

I love collecting ornaments everywhere too! AND I have the same Tech bell that you have.

Love your wreath..so cute!

Hope you are resting and getting well!

Abby said...

Love it. We have always collected cheesy picture frames, but I'm running out of space, so I may just go to ornaments. Great idea!!

I love laying on the couch and looking at Christmas lights as well. So if you were going to be stuck on the couch what a good time!!

Caroline said...

Everything looks so great!! I love your wreath. I may have to copy that one.

Your ornament that Grandma and my Mom made? Where the heck is mine? I haven't thought of that ornament in years. Mine was pink. I think it will be my quest to find it before the end of the year!

Doneece said...

I miss you dear sister! I wish you were here or that I could come there! Please get better do I can see you soon! I love you

A Stable Beginning said...

Your house looks beautiful, love all the ornaments.

Merry Christmas!

Janice aka mom, grandma, said...

CUTE! love the wreath.

Merry CHRISTmas

janice

Anonymous said...

It all looks so beautiful--the tree is amazing!