Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My New Internet Addiction

I have found my new addiction.

SKYPE!

Yesterday Doneece picked up Caroline from school and Mom picked up John. Once they were all home we Skyped. Doneece got it all worked it.

Mom and Dad have a fancy computer with a camera built in and so does my Mac. We finally put those cameras to use. I have been feeling home sick the past few days. It has finally hit me that I won't be going home for Christmas. This is the first year I have not seen my family at some point during the Christmas break. It makes me really sad!

Mom, Dad and Doneece are coming to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl so I will get to see them. I will not get to see Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Anita, Uncle Darrel, Ann, Jeff, Caroline or John. There has never been a year that I have not seen all those fabulous people and it is really hard. It is hard to believe I won't be at my parents house to celebrate Christmas with all my family.

I asked Doneece if we could Skype once my peeps were there. She agreed and after some technical difficulty we got it to work. It was wonderful. I got to see Doneece, Mom, Caroline, John and Ann even made an appearance. Caroline and John were high on sugar and really funny. John just got a hair cut and is super cute. The kids were interested for about 2 minutes and then moved on to more exciting things. Doneece and Ann were much more interested in me.

The internet is amazing and I love it. Thank goodness for Skype. I got to see my favorite people and it made me feel a little better. Hopefully we can Skype Christmas morning so I can see my wonderful family. Thanks Doneece for getting it set up. You are the best!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love Skype. We used it while we were in Mexico this year. It was so fun to see the kiddos and it's free how great is that!!

Glad your getting to at least see them via Skype.

courtney said...

We love Skype, too! We use it a lot for the kids to see their grandparents. And, we used it a lot when my sister was in Europe last year.

I'm sorry you won't be home for Christmas. :( I imagine y'all will still have a Merry Christmas, though!

P.S. I LOVED your Christmas card! You did a fab job!

P.P.S. I'm going to mail you your cookbook once we get back to Lbk. Sorry I haven't gotten it to you yet!

Caroline said...

It was fun. I'm so glad you and Doneece are so tech saavy.