Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

We were in Corpus this year for Christmas with Jaime's family. We stayed at the Omni downtown because of all my health issues. The hotel was nice and everyone was supper friendly, but it was not the same as staying with family.

Christmas Eve we went to Jaime's aunt and uncles house for dinner and presents. We had a great time and all of James' dad family was there. It was so nice to have everyone together. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner.

Grason and Uncle James

Grason enjoying his gift sack

Sweet Jackson

Aunt Jennifer and her new float

Christmas morning Jaime went to his grandparents house. I did not because Jaime's aunt and uncle on the other side of the family tree had been diagnosed with Swine Flu. We decided it was to risky for my health to go. I stayed at the hotel by myself while Jaime went for lunch and presents.

I ate Christmas lunch at the hotel. I could not get a reservation till 2pm. By the time I got there a lot of the food was gone and some was cold. I am so picky and the only thing that looked very good was the prime rib and dressing. My prime rib was delicious and the dressing was okay.

Once Jaime got back to the hotel we opened presents together. You probably already know Jaime got a Keurig one cup coffee maker and I got a pair of Bose head phones. We went really small this year. I wasn't up for shopping and Jaime never is so it worked out well this year. It really isn't about the presents anyways.

We had a suite at the Omni with a great view.

The weather on Christmas day was beautiful. You could see for miles.

Christmas evening we headed to Jaime's brother house. We had a delicious Christmas dinner. Derrick and Kendra did a great job with dinner. I don't really like sweet potatoes, but whatever Derrick and Kendra did to their sweet potatoes has changed my mind. I am afraid it was lots of butter and cinnamon that made me like the sweet potatoes. We also had green bean casserole which I usually don't like. Once again Derrick and Kendra have changed my mind. Derrick doesn't like cream of mushroom soup so he used cream of chicken soup in the green bean casserole. I loved it. Maybe I don't like cream of mushroom soup either.

Grason and his new Kawasaki

Popsci and his favorite gift - iTunes gift card

Kendra and Gramsci

Derrick

James and Grason playing around

They stopped playing for a minute to take a picture

Gramsci and her bell


Hope you had a wonderful Christmas like us. We are so blessed to have wonderful family and friends in our lives.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Looks nice, but I missed having you here with me. I'm selfish. Totally sad you had to spend Christmas morning alone.

I can't wait for you to get here on Sunday. I'm going through withdrawl.