Monday, September 7, 2009

The Beginnings of College Football

I can' t even begin to tell you what a great weekend we had. College football completes me!

Saturday morning we were up in time to see College Game Day. It was the perfect start to a Saturday. Only problem was I woke up with a migraine. The migraine was really trying to ruin my day, but I was not willing to let it. I had taken some pretty heavy pain meds the night before when I felt it coming on. I also got up in the middle of the night and took another dose. I still woke up with the darn think.

Jaime was so sweet taking care of me. He made me breakfast and let me take a little nap. Finally I got up about Noon with no relief. Jaime got me a shot of Bazi and 3 Advil. An hour later my migraine was gone. Who would have known that Bazi and Advil would cure and migraine, but heavy pain killers would have no affect. Now I know.

After the migraine was gone I was ready to continue my day as planned. Watching football in my pajamas. I did just that. We didn't leave the house all afternoon. We stayed in the comfort of our living room and had the best day. I finally got ready about 7 and we did go out for dinner. We went to Outback for dinner so that we could sit at the bar and watch the OU game and the Alabama game.

We watched football all day and it made me so happy. I am so happy football is back. I love that it came back Labor Day weekend.

Now for my weekend analysis.

Tech - I am happy we won, but think we have a lot to work on. I am a little concerned that Potts threw 3 interceptions to the same guy. How does that happen? The defense needs a little work, but that is usually the case. Hopefully we will improve quickly because UT is coming up quick.

Oklahoma - I don't really dislike OU. I felt bad for QB Sam Bradford. Hopefully he won't be out long. I was happy for BYU. I think they don't get much credit and they should. They may not be in a very tough conference, but they are a talented team.

Oklahoma State - They are good and that worries me. One more team we have to worry about and we play there this year. Doesn't look good for us.

Baylor - Way to pull out the win. I will always cheer for the underdog. Go Bears.

I think that is about it.

I feel a great week coming on. It is birthday week and that makes me super happy. I have a feeling today will be a special day. A special day that involves cake. That is my kind of day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Happy Pre Birthday. Your breakdown of Tech is right on, but a little bit of the problem maybe timing, lets hope that Coach Leach gets all the problems solved by Saturday. Have a great day and remember there are two more games later today.