Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Not What I Had Planned

This is not at all what I had planned to blog about tonight. I had something very trivial to post about. I feel like it is totally not important and I should post about a family I learned about earlier today.

I was on Facebook earlier this afternoon and my friend, Mysha, asked for prayers for a family she knows. I followed the link to a blog and started reading. Before long I was crying. I read the past month and said a prayer for this family. I found out that Mysha had been a Young Life leader with this girl.

I got on Facebook tonight before I was about to start blogging and Mysha had commented that she was thinking about this family. I decided I better check the blog again.

I have been sitting here for the past two hours reading and crying. My heart aches for this family. I did not plan on blogging about this, but I am sure this family did not plan on tragedy.

The Sullivans have been through a lot in the past couple of months. I cannot even begin to imagine. Just when things looked like they were going along great, tragedy strikes. Do not visit this blog without at least 10 tissues. I have gone through more than that. You don't have to visit their blog, but please keep them in your prayers.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

The Sullivans had evidently been visiting our church the last few months. I got to their blog through a church prayer request for them. What an amazing family.

Caroline said...

I will pray for them, but I think I'll skip the blog. I read too many sad blogs as it is.

courtney said...

that makes me so sad. so sad for the husband and the sweet little baby that will never know her momma.

however, i'm comforted by the fact that sara obviously loved jesus and is in a better place.

will pray for the sullivans.

Natalie said...

I read that through a friend too. It's devastating really. Such an amazing family and my prayers are with them all.