Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's For Dinner

First, I am feeling better. Thanks for all the well wishes. I may be feeling better due to the fact that I got custom curtains hung in my bedroom today. That's right, the bedroom project is still in progress. It is coming along nicely. I am picking up the chair and ottoman today and can't wait to see what it looks like in my fabulous room.

Last night for dinner I decided to try one of PW's recipe. I am so excited about her new cookbook and decided I should try a few recipes in order to convince Jaime of her total awesomeness. I am hoping he realizes this so that I can meet all the girls in Dallas for the book signing. Isn't the best way to convince him through his stomach?

I made Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce. I actually only made the sauce and Jaime cooked the steak. He has to earn his keep around here somehow. I also made fresh spinach and mushrooms. Dinner was great!!!

The steak and sauce was definitely the best part. The steak was perfectly cooked to medium rare and the sauce called for heavy cream. Need I say more. The sauce was super easy to make and I didn't even cry when I cut all the onions up. I could have eaten the sauce by itself and may have done so, but I will never admit it.

 Try it out. It is totally worth it and your hips will thank you later or not.









6 comments:

courtney said...

YUM!! I haven't tried that recipe, but I have tried several of her recipes--they never disappoint!

I'm going to be at the book signing--you better be able to come, too!!

Glad you are feeling better!

Can't wait to see pics of your new bedroom!

Caroline said...

Mmmm. Looks so good. I wish I had been there.

Can't wait to see the bedroom!

Abby said...

I have been wanting to try that recipe. I love the PW Cooks. I have enjoyed all of her recipes, and they all include items I can buy in my grocery. So I love that. You have to come to the Book Signing. (I told Brian that I was going to a PW book signing and meeting with my bloggy friends. He rolled his eyes and said, just say your going to go meet your friends, the rest of that is just silly!). None the less I'm going!!

Can't wait to see the room!!

Kara said...

You girls make me laugh... it's one time I'm glad not to have a husband since they all think we are nuts with our blog friends get togethers!

P.S. Ditto on the "you better be coming!"

Jacqui said...

I'm glad you tried the recipe! I'd been wanting to try it too. It looks yummy. Kyle LOVES her wings recipe.

The Blevins' said...

Robin- Thank you, thank you, thank you for the sweet baby gift. I am so sorry we weren't here to see you. I got to go home for a few hours today, which was great. I can't wait for PW new cookbook either. I saw that recipe on her blog a couple of weeks ago an thought that looks delicious. I am glad it turned out well. Also, I want to thank you for taking pictures at the baptism. Jen said you were a rock star. Can't wait for you to meet the little guy.